Welcome Home program features
The Welcome Home program provides a grant for qualified home buyers of up to $5,000 of assistance towards the down payment and/or closing costs of their new home. This is a tremendous opportunity for anyone who has ever dreamed of owning a home.
- Designed to assist low to moderate income families achieve home ownership
- The total income for all occupants must be at or below 80% of the Mortgage Revenue Bond limit for the county and state where the property is located
- Up to $5,000 of assistance toward the down payment and/or closing costs of a new home for qualified homebuyers*
- New this year: Honorably discharged veterans and active duty military homebuyers may receive Welcome Home grants up to $7,500
- Homebuyer must contribute at least $500 of their own funds towards down payment and/or closing costs
- First time homebuyers and repeat homebuyers are BOTH eligible
- First time homebuyers must complete a homeownership counseling program
- All eligible property assisted with Welcome Home Program funds is subject a five-year retention mechanism, which may require the household to repay all, or a portion, of the subsidy, if the home is sold or refinanced within five years from closing of the transaction
- Get your clients pre-qualifed now so that they can buy a home in March before funds disappear!
Welcome Home funds will be available for reservation on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 8:00 AM ET on March 4, 2019, and will remain available until all funds have been reserved.
Call (614) 490-7214 for details!
* Heartland Bank is pleased to offer the Welcome Home Program through the Federal Home Loan Bank of Cincinnati. Home buyers may qualify for up to $5,000 in grant funds (or $7,500 for honorably discharged veterans and active duty military homebuyers) through the Welcome Home Program towards a down payment and closing costs. All loans are subject to credit approval. A low contribution towards closing costs will be required from the borrower. Other terms and conditions may apply. Program subject to termination at any time.