Up-to-date, up-to-the minute information
We value your interaction with us. Our social media accounts are our lifeline to the on-the-go world. We invite you to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn using the links below. Additionally, review our tips below for engaging in safe social media.
Protecting Yourself on Social Media
Social media is exactly that – social; and social means public and public can mean permanent. Online activities can give criminals that extra bit of information needed to steal your identity or track user-specific data. Because social media is shared and global, remember that it is your responsibility to monitor your profiles and actions.
Remember to always:
- Use caution with all the links you click on – be sure that the link is from a trusted source
- Avoid posting and sharing Information that is personal
- Disconnect any apps you've connected your social media
- Steer clear of an offer that seems too good to be true
- Check your social media settings to see what information is being shared
- Clear your cookies and browsing data regularly
- Set up two-factor authentication
- Generate strong, unique passwords and update them frequently
- Unfriend or unfollow users you don’t know
We encourage everyone to:
- Be kind and respectful of others. We welcome honest and open feedback; however, please refrain from using obscenities, profanity or making any comments that are illegal, offensive, abusive, defamatory, or harmful
- Stay safe. Never post personal, identifying, or confidential information. We will never ask for any personal information from our clients on our social media sites
- Be honest. Do not post false information and do not post someone else’s copyrighted work unless you have permission
At Heartland Bank, rest assured your information is safe. We feel strongly about advocating for the highest level of privacy that our society deserves. We are deeply committed to protecting your privacy and security.