Get Here, Stay Here and Move Ahead Here!
Your career is in your hands - whether you are only now exploring the possibilities of the banking world or you are a current Heartland team member looking to advance in your career. We encourage personal and professional development, and ultimately want to provide you with the knowledge and information to realize your dreams!
Career Development and Learning
- Heartland encourages associates to seek development and growth, both personally and professionally. To enhance that goal, we offer one-on-one coaching, individual development plans, classroom and online learning opportunities, as well as participation in industry forums, roundtables and conferences.
- Compliance Education - All team members participate in industry-sponsored education programs each year that provide insight into topics such as fraud prevention, privacy issues, security, prevention of sexual and other unlawful harassment, and many others.
- Continuing Education - Continuing Education opportunities are available to associates, with management approval, to work toward certifications and licenses. Some of these are offered through programs with banking schools, such as the Barrett School of Banking and the Graduate School of Banking.
When you join the Heartland Bank team, rest assured that you are not only joining a dynamic team, you can additionally establish a unique career path that aligns with your personal and professional goals. Associates are encouraged to target individual goals to plan for their future while building on their past experiences.
Heartland Bank is committed to investing in the future of our service communities through our Internship Program. We are excited to provide exposure to professional work environments to area students. Careers in community banking include Agribusiness, Retail Banking, Marketing, Human Resources, Lending and Bank Operations/Accounting.
Interested in an internship at Heartland Bank? Before you complete an online application, please reach out to your adviser to get more information about your school's internship requirements.
Foundations of Banking Certificate
Columbus State Community College, Heartland Bank and the Community Bankers Association of Ohio have developed a Foundations of Banking Certificate to educate and encourage the next generation of community bankers. After successfully completing 28 hours of coursework at Columbus State, students will be eligible to participate in on-site internships at participating central Ohio financial institutions.
The Foundations of Banking Certificate includes the following online Columbus State Community College coursework:
- Principles of Business
- Customer Service and Sales
- Personal Finance
- Math Concepts for Business
- Interpersonal Communication
- Foundations of Banking
- Business Ethics