COVID-19 Update - April 3, 2020
A message from our Chairman and CEO
Branch Locations | ATMs & Digital Banking | Business Owners | Learn More
To our clients:
Our lives have changed dramatically over the last few weeks as we work together to minimize the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. We assure you, as your community bank, we are here for you. As we monitor developments and learn more about the impact of the virus, our primary concern is for the health and safety of our communities, clients, and associates.
Heartland Bank, and its parent Heartland BancCorp, are financially strong and well-positioned to support you. Since 1911, we have navigated many economic cycles without a disruption in providing clients with access to their funds and I have complete confidence this will continue. We have earned a repeated ranking on American Banker Magazine’s list of Top 200 Publicly Traded Community Banks and Thrifts based on three-year average return on equity (“ROE”). From the perspective of our regulatory agencies, we are considered an exceptionally strong bank, including our capital ratios, which far surpass the criteria needed to be considered well-capitalized.
We have a plan in place and are prepared to withstand challenging times. The Heartland BancCorp Board of Directors, my colleagues and I are proud to have built our organization to be successful and supportive through all economic cycles. As we continue to face unknown challenges, we remain committed to continue to work to provide the resources and experience you rely upon. I personally thank you for trusting your banking services with us through this crisis and everyday.
G. Scott McComb
Chairman and CEO
Our Branch Locations
To continue to provide the recommended protection to our associates and to adequately serve our clients safely and effectively, we’re mitigating exposure resulting from physical contact by implementing ‘social distancing’ where we can. All Heartland Bank branches are now available by drive-through lane only. If clients require in-branch assistance to do their banking, we encourage you to call the branch manager or a branch associate to schedule a discussion about how best our team can serve you.
*Please Note: We will be directing our Capitol Square, Whitehall and Croton branch customers to nearby Heartland Bank branches with operating drive-through lanes.
ATMs and Digital Banking Options
Find our locations here. In addition to our Heartland ATMs, you have access to over 32,000 surcharge-free ATMs worldwide with the MoneyPass network.
We encourage the utilization of our Online Banking and Mobile App features that are accessible from the comfort and safety of your home:
For business owners facing financial uncertainty due to COVID-19, please contact your Heartland Bank Commercial Banker directly to discuss your current situation further. We are working with State and Federal entities to provide vehicles that offer assistance to small businesses.
Every financial situation is unique, and our team is ready to discuss how we can serve each of our clients in the best manner possible.
- Contact your Commercial Banker here
- Contact your local branch here
- Contact our Client Services team: (800) 697-0049 or Info@Heartland.Bank
- Click here for information on the Cares Act
- Listen to the Driving the CBus Podcast, COVID-19 Resource edition, for tips from various Heartland senior leaders
- Alyssa Booms, VP Director of Branch Banking - Consumer Banking
- Laurie Pfeiffer, VP Director of Commercial Banking - Small Business Solutions
- BJ Douglas, VP Manager of Mortgage Origination - Mortgage
- Ben Babcanec, SVP Public Funds and Wholesale Deposit Manager - Deposit Safety and Money Tips
Are you facing a financial hardship?
We are enacting hardship relief assistance for clients experiencing financial difficulty as a result of COVID-19, including the consideration of fee and penalty waivers, loan deferrals or other scenarios that may help our customers.
Please check out the specifics of our Heartland Helps Program below:
- Vehicle payments and all other consumer term loans are available to be deferred for next 90 days with no late fees
- Mortgage and home equity loans are available to be deferred for the next 90 days with no late fees
- No penalty on early withdrawls on certificates of deposit
- Repossession actions on vehicles are suspended for the next 90 days
- Foreclosure activity on homes is suspended for the next 90 days
- 90-day, interest-only payments are available on a case by case basis if preferred
Important Fraud Reminder:
COVID-19 could increase the activities of cyber criminals who take advantage of the public’s concerns. Criminals look for ways to gain access to your account. As a reminder, Heartland Bank will never ask its customers to provide full social security numbers, account numbers, or passwords by phone, email, or text.
A Message from the Federal Reserve Regarding Businesses and Households:
With changes happening daily regarding businesses and households, check out the Federal Reserve's information regarding COVID-19 resources. Contact information, FAQs and related content to provide a wide range of information for everyone affected by the this virus can be found here.
Where to Learn More: