All Heartland Bank clients have access to a FREE suite of tools to strengthen their financial privacy and security. If you’re not taking advantage of these yet, please take a few minutes to review the benefits here. These new offerings further enable clients to control their own exposure to the perils of the online and card space.
Heartland Bank has teamed up with IBM to offer Trusteer Rapport – an online fraud protection software that delivers extra security while you’re using our website. It’s free of charge, requires no registration and downloads to your computer in just minutes.
Trusteer’s innovative technology picks up where conventional security software fails. From the moment it is installed, Trusteer protects your computer and mitigates financial malware infections as well as detects the malware installation process and breaks it, while keeping your computer clean. By stopping the malwares bad behavior, Trusteer is able to provide protection above and beyond what is possible with anti-virus. This is why Heartland Bank has chosen to partner with IBM and Trusteer to offer our customers the best protection against financial fraud.
How Trusteer Protects
- Removes existing financial malware from the computer immediately
- Prevents future malware infections
- Protects credentials and personal information from key logging and screen capturing attempts
- Stops phishing attacks from stealing credentials and data
- Notifies Heartland Bank of threat activity to further drive fraud protection
Benefits to Heartland Bank Customers
- Easy to install: Takes only a few seconds, no need to restart your computer or configure a program
- Compact: Trusteer is a small piece of software that won’t slow down the computer or interfere with other applications
- Automatic: Nothing for you to do, as updates are done in the background
- Effective: In a recent study, Trusteer Rapport stopped 100% of all financial malware testers used to try and infect a protected machine
- Proven: Trusteer Rapport currently protects over 30 million users worldwide
- Free: For customers of HeartlandBank, Trusteer Rapport has been provided to you at no cost.
Trusteer Secure Online Banking Video
CardValet® from Fiserv is a card management and fraud mitigation tool that enables cardholders to control when, where and how their debit cards are used. With CardValet, you can control your spending and protect yourself against fraud, all through a simple app on your phone.
If you're trying to establish or stick to a budget, CardValet can help. Set spending limits for general use or specify thresholds by merchant types, such as gas, groceries or retail stores. You can also establish these controls by location. The flexible app lets you change these parameters anytime with ease via your mobile device. Going on vacation? Holiday shopping? Simply update your transaction controls to fit your spending needs.
A lost or stolen card is just one area of concern in today’s world where Identity theft, skimming and other attacks are an unfortunate reality. Turning your debit card off when you’re not using it helps safeguard against fraud. When your card is “off,” no signature or pin-based transactions will be approved. Transaction controls that allow your debit card to work only in specific locations or geographic areas, add another layer of protection. And real-time alerts keep you informed when your card is used or declined.
CardValet is a great tool for controlling business spending on a debit card. Use the transaction controls for merchant codes, location and thresholds to ensure employee spending adheres to your company policies.
Review Balances and Transactions
Monitor your finances from anywhere. Use the CardValet app to check your account balances.
Getting started is easy. Simply download the CardValet app to your mobile devices then customize usage settings and alert preferences. CardValet can report or restrict PIN and signature transactions performed by debit cards, enabling cardholders to manage, track and report specific types of transactions and quickly detect unauthorized activity. Cardholders can customize their experiences by choosing from a variety of options.
Paper statements have information you do not want everyone to see, like your name, address and account number. So, keep it safe! eStatements keep all your information behind a password protected online portal only for your eyes when you sign in. Did you know that almost 85% of identity theft cases are due to "offline" transactions such as lost check books, stolen bills, statements, and check payments.
Follow these quick and easy steps to go paperless:
- Log into your Heartland online banking account
- Click on Statements
- Manage eStatements, then Edit
- Change Delivery Method to ‘Go Paperless’
- Read and agree to the terms/disclosures
- Click SUBMIT!
It's that easy! Once you have switched to eStatements, you can view, print, and save a .pdf version of your statements up to 24 months prior.
Photo Gallery Here: